Thursday, June 18, 2009

Let’s talk Pizza!


About a week ago, Owner Chick Nems Scarim and I were sitting in the lounge area of The VENUE recoiling after a large event. For some reason, the topic of conversation turned to pizza. I can’t say it was the first time I have found myself obsessing about pizza at 1am… and it probably won’t be the last. Have you ever noticed that pizza “side dishes” are actually another form of pizza?

Customer; Hi, I would like to order a cheese pizza…
Pizza Parlor; Would you like cheesy bread with that?
Customer; What does that come with?
Pizza Parlor; A piece of bread, much like the crust of a pizza, that we put cheese on and then bake. It comes with a marinara dipping sauce.

Of COURSE we order the Cheesy bread. The side salad pushes us over the allotted budget for the night, but the cheesy bread is a “must-have.” The literal icing on the cake is the dessert pizza. But I digress…

No comments: