Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The early Chick gets the worm


This morning I dragged myself out of bed at 8:30. I awoke refreshed and renewed... and grateful. Yes, I got to stay cuddled up in my warm cozy bed this morning while my fellow chicks and "roosters" were up at the crack of dawn setting tables and making things pretty for a breakfast event this morning in Puyallup. Now, if you aren't from around here, don't even TRY to pronounce Puyallup... you will only embarass yourself...

There are some days when prepping, plating, serving, bussing, and cleaning the food, plates, etc sounds like a lot of fun, but there are many more when I am quite content to sit at my computer and perform business analysis, devise marketing strategies and crunch numbers... are you still awake? My point is that catering is not for the weak! It truly takes a special person to get out there and take on the challenge of crazy schedules, intensly hot kitchens, non stop hustling in order to meet deadlines, and doing it all with two large trays, three coffee carafes, and an overfilled water pitcher in their arms.

So, this morning I raise my steaming cup of joe, with two sugars and lots of cream, to the Three Chicks Catering wait staff. Your hard work is amazing and you make this company thrive!


Cheers!

Jayme

No comments: